Friday 1 July 2011

Pakistan’s First International Social Media Summit

Media has changed its dimensions and the old journalism has now transformed into new mass media. In this time Media is not just specified to newspapers, television and radio but now various other mediums have added into its sphere. The World has become global village with the advancement in science and technology especially due to internet. Now connecting with the world has become no big deal, you just have to switch over to the virtual world and it will take you wherever you want and you can enjoy everything just by sitting in front of your computer screen. Social media like facebook and twitter have made the communication process more easy and quick.
The Pakistan’s first international social media summit has been held in Karachi in which various people from country and also from abroad took part in and discussed the emerging role of social media in one’s life. The summit was organized by the US Consulate in Karachi, PC World, Intel, iRaffles Systems, Newsweek, CityFM89 and the Express Media Group.
There are several people who specially came from abroad just for participating in this summit the names of these people are Mohamed El Dahshan (Egypt), Hanny Kusumawati and Anandita Puspitasari (Indonesia), Rebecca Chiao (Egypt), Ong Hock Chuan (Malaysia), Claire Diaz Ortiz (US) and Karim Osman (Netherlands) few bloggers virtually attended this summit through Skype.
US Consul General in Karachi William Martin said:
“There are over 4 million Facebook users here while the US Consulate Karachi’s Facebook page has over 30,000 fans. The per capita internet-access rate in Pakistan is between 10 percent and 15 percent of the total population – more than double that of India and even at the most conservative estimates roughly 20 million Pakistanis are online – equivalent to the population of 4 Singapore’s. Pakistan has a lively, active blogging community, where over 3 million citizen-journalists can freely report on and discuss any topic. During the last year’s floods, I saw the social media network shining the light on this situation and many others. The social media really does create a global village and it is an honor to be here with so many distinguished citizens. I am struck by the talent, the imagination and the commitment I see. You all validate, you all energize my enthusiasm, my optimism for this great nation Pakistan. From where I stand, the future looks bright. I see leaders and visionaries that will help realize the vast potential of the Pakistani people.”
The summit was well organized and it has really boosted the social media journalists and in future these kinds of summits will boost the youth of Pakistan. The people who came from abroad have also shared their views.
Egyptian blogger Mohamed El Dahshan who was the part of summit has joined social media like six years back and now he has also joined the print media. He has served Egypt by his writings and took an active part in Egyptian revolution. The social media really provides a right platform to everyone and gives the freedom of expression; one has to show responsible journalism by using social media tools.
Egyptian blogger Mohamed El Dahshan said:
“My family isn’t aware I’m in Karachi right now, they think I’m still in Turkey. I would say 2010 was the buildup and 2011 was the explosion. People’s grievances had been building up for a while. Our job was to inform people and go out in small numbers to inform people about issues being faced. Social action is collective action. If the government tells you you’re on your own and everybody is happy, you are afraid of doing things. But social media changed that. It helped bring together people who were upset about the same things. Twitter was super important during the revolution; it helped us get live updates. People had a new found respect social media, even the Egyptian Army has a Facebook page now and they make all declarations through it. They recognize the power of social media.”
Sherbano Taseer was also present in the summit as she is a part of our youth. She was of the view that social media has provided our youth with the forum where they can discuss various failures and weak points of government and no one can stop them.


Sherbano Taseer said:

“During the Japan earthquake and tsunami, for many people Twitter became the mode of sharing news with their family and others. Just imagine that the videos put up by common people in Japan followed by the tsunami received 17 million views in one night. Citizen journalism is good for Pakistan. In the mainstream, all that sells is gore. In my father’s case they took his comments which were about humanity and turned them into something religious.”
So I will say that these kinds of events should be held in our beloved country Pakistan, in western countries these summits are the routine matters but in Pakistan obviously it is something new and different. Our various media organizations should play their roles for making social media an effective voice of masses.

29 comments:

  1. shahrukh here koi b dance sikhna chata hai mujse cont........kre 03052180922

    ReplyDelete
  2. cont.....me girls 0352180922

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job. Your article is truly relevant to my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website. However, I would like to see more details about this topic. I'm going to keep coming back here.

    Social Media Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hye.
    I m farooq from defense khayan e rahat
    Beautiful girls can contact me both money and love will be given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am serching for some hot girlfriends in karachi under 18 :my contact is 03323454460 only seriuos girls contact me.......only msg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi any Karachi rich girl rich woman contacts me for friendship with me and my number is 03032934868 and I m from Karachi age 24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi any Karachi rich girl rich woman contacts me for friendship with me and my number is 03032934868 and I m from Karachi age 24

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a girlfriend plz contact me this is my imo or WhatsApp no +923015812048

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asalam o Alikum everyone, my name is ErfAan ALi and i am here to find a girl friend for me :p .. with whom i could share all my feelings and thoughts and who would be caring, loving, if our relationship moved on without any hitches we may end up in a long lasting relationship ;)
    Ladies may only contact me without any hesitation.
    Contact me please
    03072377237
    ErfAan ALi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi plz contact me sex k liye me choot aur gand both achi liking karta hun 03212726163

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi plz contact me sex k liye anty n girl me choot aur gand both achi liking karta hun 03212726163

    ReplyDelete
  14. Male here my contact
    03082417498
    Contact me I'm a good fucker

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiii 03200214752 lucky here for all types of girls and aunties for fun and frdship etc . contct whtapp only

    ReplyDelete
  16. 03200214752 contct on whtapp only for sexy aunties and girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm interested in home alone women's and housewife's for sex relation my name Shan my age 26 I'm from Karachi my WhatsApp number 03431124598 please contact me for any information

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hii Girls im Here for you..
    Come and Enjoy with me
    Sex Chat
    sex Sms
    Call Sex
    Voice Sex
    Sex Photos
    Sex Videos
    Sex Tips
    Sex Stories
    Suhaagrat sex Tips
    Sex Enjoyment
    Pregency sex Tips
    Best Sex Method
    Big Boobs Problems
    Big Hips Problems
    Sucking Sex Tips
    Fingring Method
    Oral Sex
    Girls Lesbian Sex Teaching
    Sex Styles
    69 sex Enjoyment
    Sex Whasapp
    Pussy Wet Tips
    Pussy Tightness
    Niplles Licking Tips
    And many more Sex Enjoyment
    You will Enjoy Like Real Sex..
    Contect me..
    +923119713952
    Whatsapp+sms

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am playboy.ap logo ne dusro ki mrzi se sex krwaya ho but I know ke apne apni mrzi se kbhi sex Ni krwaya hoga agr ap chati he ke apki merzi se sex ho ap chahti he ke Koi haamare boobs chuse ya pussy suck kare to ap mujhse rabbta Karen I am playboy.
    Live in KARACHI. Facebook link or ha meri fb girl ke naam see hai. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100023287360433

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am ubaid my Mobile no 03172886406

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi
    Ahmed here from Karachi any mature girl/lady wants to be relaxed by body massage can contact on 03131050564

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like hot girl maira l 8 inch lamba ha aur 3 inch mota ha jis anty ya girl na laina ha plz call me 03453306455

    ReplyDelete
  23. Finding female model in Karachi girls need for song 5000 per song given to you send me photo on whats app no this is my whats app no my name is Basit Naseem 03333964899 contact me

    ReplyDelete

Join Now:

Featured post

Karachi Facebook Girls Mobile Numbers

Join Now Only for facebook Girls Karachi is the biggest city of Pakistan by population, this is also called the city of lights. Karachi is...